Thursday, May 3, 2012

Nepal Part 1

My Dear Nepal, I am writing this letter to profess my growing love for you. Your stepped hillsides and laid rock paths increase my admiration of your people and their simple, elegant lifestyles.  Green hillsides and rushing waters decorate your landscape and gasps escape my lips as I climb high. Thank you for showing me breathtaking spectacles of increasingly high snow-capped mountains and thank you for the crisp clean air blowing through my wind swept hair. Your glory is not lost on me.  I adore the kindness your people have shown me. Their warm brown skin, dark hair and colorful clothing make my love dance and their shining smiles fill me with joy. As a tiny child with hands in prayer position greets me, my love grows deeper. As I ride the winding roads on local shaky busses, rattling with music and bangles, I laugh and exclaim "I think I am falling in love with Nepal!"  So, now that you know, will you reciprocate the feeling?  I need not wait for an answer, my heart feels safe and protected in the realization that I think you loved me first.  Yours, Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment